Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 1,458: Half marathon course in reverse

A few weeks ago I thought about what running on the Georgia Half Marathon course would be like in reverse, going clockwise instead of counter-clockwise around the city. I foolishly thought it wouldn't be as hilly.

Today, with a bunch of daylight free time and nicer weather than the past few days, I set out to test that theory.

In all, the run wasn't too bad and I think I ran my fastest training pace for a half marathon distance.

A little after 7 miles I stopped by work for a cup and a half of water, even though I didn't feel thirsty. At 10 miles, about at Peachtree and 5th Street, I felt thirsty. It wasn't a problem, though, because I didn't really think about it at the end.

Time: 11:36 a.m.
Temp: 46 degrees
Gear: Tech T, long (Atlanta Marathon promo), T-shirt (Inman Middle School 5K), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26/D.

No comments: