Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 1,426: A no-watch run

This morning, still sore from running in yesterday's Atlanta Half Marathon, I ventured up North Highland Avenue with the fiancee. I wore an older pair of running shoes since my current ones (as well as my two Garmin watches, my Nike+ iPod sensor) were at her place.

I used an old-school stopwatch plus she had her Nike+ iPod. Either way, having run the route to Freedom Parkway and back many times, I was familiar with the 1.5 mile distance.

Nice day to be out, though. Today I made sure I had all of my running gear for tomorrow's run but I can't imagine that I'll do too many miles heading into next Sunday's Rock'n'Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon since my strategy of low miles a few weeks into the race seemed to help out yesterday.

Time: 8:30 a.m.
Temp: 56 degrees
Gear: Tech T (Champion C9 gray), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26/C.

No comments: