Saturday, November 21, 2009

CTS 1,056: With the new shoes

Early Thursday morning I ran with the gf on her course. The past few times my legs felt pretty banged up after the run so for that day I decided to use my sixth and last pair of the 2006-era Nike Air Pegasus shoes that I bought from the outlet.

The shoes worked pretty well. I was surprised I didn't need to break them in, they felt comfortable, like walking on an air cushion.

Yesterday I ran across the park to meet co-workers at TAP in Midtown for lunch -- the shoes also felt pretty nice. I am wondering if I should swap out my shoes after 300 miles or so. Seems wasteful but if my feet/legs are for the better for it, then I'm in.

Today I ran to Edgewood to try and get a haircut. It was crowded so I just ran back home.

I am thinking of using the new shoes for the Atlanta Half Marathon coming up next Thursday. We'll see.

Time: 11:00 a.m.
Temp: 52 degrees
Gear: LST (Turkey Trot), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D5.

No comments: