Thursday, November 12, 2009

CTS 1,047: A lighter cat

Although I only needed 4.2 miles over the next two days to hit 30 for the week (with the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Strong Legs 10K on Saturday), I decided to do a reverse route of the Virginia-Highland Summerfest 5K run, adding another small loop with it.

Running that way is pretty nice because it made me feel like I was running on some fall country road somewhere.

I got home and stepped on the scale, something I haven't done in a long time -- I'm about 20 pounds lighter than I was this time last year when I ran in The Weather Channel Atlanta Half-Marathon. Although I haven't stepped on a scale in a long time, I could sort of tell because my race times correspond to the lighter weight.

Still, it's pretty cool. I don't worry about my weight (even when I was heavier), but I'll take it.

Time: 11:30 a.m.
Temp: 55 degrees
Gear: LST (Turkey Trot) -- although probably an SST would have been fine, shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D4.

No comments: