Sunday, September 28, 2008

A neighborhood 5K

WESTERN SPRINGS, Ill. -- I would have been embarassed if I didn't turn out for this one, a 5K race that started about .2 miles from my parent's house.

I learned about it the 4th annual Claddaugh Foundation Run to Walk 5k before and went to sign up in the morning. The course zig-zagged around my parent's neighborhood and was pretty flat and potentially fast.

That said, I had a really strange running time. My first mile was ok, my second mile was more than a minute slower and then my third mile was the fastest of them all. Usually when your time starts to degrade that's kind of it.

Maybe it happened that way or there is a possibility that the second mile was accidentally longer than the other two?

In any event, it was fun to do a run so close to my parents' house.

No comments: