Friday, May 16, 2008

The Riverpark in spring

TUNICA, Miss. -- Eagerly looked forward this morning to running in the Riverpark's Waterfront Trail.

I wasn't disappointed. It was so different from when I was here last in January. A storm must have come through. Mud washed all over the sidewalks. In the preserve you could see plenty of trees down.

And water came just under the boardwalks, which made me a little concerned as I ran over it. But everything was really green.

The weather was nice and it was neat to get my A4s muddy. I saw two deer as I entered the loop part of the trail. One part was still flooded, so I had to walk up and over a muddy berm, hoping there were no snakes nearby.

It was pretty neat again to be running alongside the mighty Mississippi. It's always a treat to visit a trail months later and compare seasons.

No comments: