Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A hill chase

I was coming back from Trader Joe's yesterday along the long hill on Virginia Avenue when I saw some dude turn and go up the hill about 100 feet in front of me.

Was about 20-something, wearing shorts and a T-shirt and some sort of wool cap.

He had a pretty good pace up to the top of the hill so I didn't think I could catch him.

But when he started to go down the slight hill near the N. Highland intersection, he was gassed. At my trotting pace there was no way I wasn't going to pass him.

So I did. And then I turned it on up the incline to N. Highland.

Of course, I was about to die when I turned to go to my apartment, but at least I stuck to my theory of if you pass someone, have enough in you to defend it.

64 degrees, SST, shorts.

No comments: