Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Hotlanta run

Didn't have a whole lot of time yesterday so I ran around my hilly Virginia-Highland neighborhood, pretty happy that I took the hills without difficulty.

It's getting to be the hottest part of the year here and I have to find ways to continue to motivate myself to run despite the heat. Before the streak (216 days and counting) I simply wouldn't run at all.

Reconnected with this girl I know after several months, and I was surprised that she is doing pretty decent mileage at about my pace five days a week, like 40 miles or so. Made me happy, since I could really benefit from a running partner right now.

I think I'd get longer runs in, more often and in the mornings, especially since recently I've been giving in to sleeping longer instead of trudging outside in the semi-humidity.

No comments: