Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 2,377: Peachtree Day After: Blisters

The soggy day led to soggy shoes for me on the Peachtree 10K course yesterday, and ultimately something I haven't really had in a long time -- blisters all over a bunch of the contact points of my feet. So today's run in Piedmont Park was kind of slow going.

I guess it's from my lower weekly mileage but I was surprised how I felt the day after the race -- a little stiff going down the stairs and a slower run through the park. It was more like what I would expect after a half marathon but not a 10K.

To further complicate things, my Garmin Forerunner 405 never acquired during the entire run, I guess because of the overcast skies. Luckily I have the endomondo app on my phone and I use it when I don't have my running watch.

In other news, I finally hit the button and signed up for the July 13th Atlanta Beltline Southwest 5K. I've actually been out to this area twice before for Geocaching but haven't run on the beltline. The main reason I'm running in the race is that I was a little envious of the cool shirts the Beltline racing series had last year, when I saw people wearing them at the Eastside 10K.

I also need to start running more races again to try to requalify for Group A next year!

Time: 7:13 a.m.
Temp: ?? overcast, light rain
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (Cherry Blossom 10-Miler), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 29/A.

No comments: