Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 2,354: Break out the Powerade

Today was the first day in which I felt thirsty while running. We didn't get out until a little bit before 9 a.m. and it was hot but I didn't really think anything of it.

Today's path took us through Virginia-Highland, through the Carter Center grounds, on the PATH trail and then the Beltline into Piedmont Park.

Luckily I noticed on the way back that we had a bottle of water in the stroller that we must have had in there from the day before. I gulped it down.

At the end of the run, I opened up the garage fridge and was rewarded with an ice cold Powerade -- one that was probably there since last year's Peachtree 10K. It was good, too.

Time: 8:45 a.m.
Temp: 87 degrees (65 percent humidity)
Gear: T-shirt, technical (Strong4Life 5K), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 29/A.

No comments: