Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 2,314: The power of Ingress (for running)

It's been a while since I've updated, so I thought I should write a post about what I've been up to.

Last month I crossed 2,300 consecutive days of running! It's nice to know that's still happening. Today, and more recently, my runs have focused on the Piedmont Park area, where I can get a good run with baby K. in the stroller and gain some points in Ingress, Google's augmented reality game.

Basically you get points by either setting up or destroying virtual "portals" which are typically located at historic or public places. There's a few in Piedmont Park and a bunch in the Atlanta Botanical Garden.

So it makes it quite easy to run down the hill into the park when there's some work to be done.

Since I last wrote, we spent half a week in Miami, where the wife had a conference. Because of space issues, I used our Maclaren umbrella stroller, instead of our all-terrain Bob Revolution SE.

And on the pretty flat terrain around downtown Miami, the stroller worked just fine. We brought it last September to Missouri, where we went for a wedding, and the wife pushed it around then.

I'll update more later!

No comments: