Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 2,279: I've registered for the Atlanta 10 Mile!

After participating twice in the Cherry Blossom 10-Miler in Washington, D.C., I always thought it would be great for Atlanta to have a 10-Mile race.

Actually this year there are two new 10-mile races. There's the Historic Roswell 10-Miler on April 13 and on Oct. 27, the Atlanta Track Club will host the Atlanta 10 Mile run in conjunction with its marathon and a 5K race.

I've always thought the 10 mile distance was a good one. Especially if you're someone like me who has not done a bunch of long runs.

Back in 1999, I ran the Centralia (Washington) Half Marathon with my longest run being 4 miles at the time. I got to mile 10 and then really hit the wall.

See what I'm getting at? Now I can run to my heart's delight without paying the consequences!

-------------

Recently, with our move putting us even closer to Piedmont Park, I've been doing the bulk of my running that way. It doesn't have the distance as say running the length of the nearby Eastside Beltline trail, but still fun to do nonetheless.

No comments: