Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day 2,089: A cool day (finally!)

The summer seems to be behind us now as today was the first cool morning in a while -- 52 degrees, and by the time I finished procrastinating, somewhere around 56.

One of the first reasons why I started this running blog was to keep track of my thoughts of the weather.

It nearly seemed too cool to run in a technical T-shirt and shorts this morning, but I did so anyway. A very old piece of running advice is that it should be almost too cool for what you're wearing. Your furnace will pick up and keep you warm.

I did see people in sweatshirts and long-sleeved T-shirts but by .8 of a mile I felt pretty warm. It actually is very nice to know that you won't be expending even more energy during a run by trying to keep your body cool.

I'm sure in the months ahead I'll be missing what will seem like very warm weather now.

Time: 8 a.m.
Temp: 56 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (2011 Father's Day 4-miler), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 28/A.

No comments: