Monday, August 3, 2009

CTS 946: Half of the 1/2, again

Today, because I had extremely short runs the last 3 days, my legs were really fresh and I decided to do the 9-mile route of the last half of the ING Georgia half-marathon route plus the Freedom Park PATH cut through home.

Doing this got me back on course for my weekly mileage.

It was a pretty pleasant run. I ended up not having to drink water at Peachtree and 5th unlike last time and pretty much drank only at the 5 mile point.

I did have 4 12-ounce cups of water when I stopped off at work to change my shirt. The water was almost my undoing because I felt so full when I walked out of the office tower that I didn't know if I could run.

But I did and felt really good (a lot of coolant in me?) the rest of the way back.

Time: 7:20 a.m.
Temp: 75 degrees
Gear: CFSST (ING Georgia 1/2 2009 and Charles Harris 10K 2009), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D3.

No comments: