Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Spare parts

Yesterday as I was about to go to Susanne's by bike, I noticed one of my straps on my Shimano road shoes would not go in the buckle.

I thought I would have to go to the bike shop today to get it fixed. But then I remembered a year or so ago one of my buckles flat out broke and that maybe I had a spare part- the other buckle.

I went and found it and then replaced it myself. I found that the strap also was worn out. I couldn't immediately figure out how to get the strap off, although I knew that it must come out somehow since there was an extra strap in the buckle kit.

And voila! I found out how and went on my way.

---------------------

This week I've been consciously trying to get runs in but not anything that would wear me out for the Peachtree 10K coming up this Friday. I feel ok for it, although my mileage is not what it was last year. I didn't have a chance to run up Cardiac Hill and the Olympic Mile for training. We will see...

No comments: