Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 1,328: Shoes are shot

The last few days I've felt my day-to-day running shoes have been shot. I can usually tell when I need to get new ones because I'll either feel like I'm running flat-footed or I'll feel quirks in my knees that I am not used to.

Either way, today's run put more than 400 miles on the shoes, the low end of when it's time to replace them. I got 500 miles out of my last pair, but all shoes are different.

I've relied on the Nike Air Pegasus for several years, but I'm tempted to see if a deal at the Big Peach Running Co. works out for me. If you buy $75 or more in Saucony shoes or apparel, you'll get a free entry to the Big Peach Sizzler 10K. That normally costs $30, so it seems like a great deal.

Today I had to rely on my third backup for timing -- my Nike iPod+ sensor. The Hammer of Dawn was uncharged and when I tried the Garmin Forerunner 405 that the factory sent me as a replacement for the one I sent in, it was out of charge.

UPDATE: I just purchased another pair of Nike Air Pegasus+ 26's, this time blue instead of red. I found a great deal online at the Foot Locker, with a 25 percent off online code that made the shoes about $58 with another $8 for shipping.

Time: 9:32 a.m.
Temp: 77 degrees (87 percent humidity)
Gear: CFSST (Charles Harris '09), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26/B.

No comments: