Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Will run for food


I've been following the Jeff Galloway philosophy of having an easy run the day after a more challenging one.

But today was the last day of a free breakfast promo at Ikea. So...I decided I would run there.

By Google, the distance to Ikea from where I live is 4.9 miles. But I decided to cut through Piedmont Park, saving about a mile and a half in the process.

In Fallout 3 terms, I divided up the neighborhoods: Virginia-Highland, Midtown-Piedmont Park, Midtown-Peachtree, Midtown West Peachtree and Atlantic Station.

The breakfast was nothing special ... but it was the right price plus it was the right motivational tool to get me out for another 7 mile run.

Time: 9:45 a.m.
Temp: 55 degrees
Gear: CFLST (William's Run), SST (dk blue Carolina), shorts, AP/D1.

No comments: