Saturday, November 8, 2008

Strong legs 10K

The Strong Legs 10K is my first 10K in earnest since the July 4 Peachtree. I had scouted out most of the course, so I wasn't too worried.

It was pretty chilly waiting around at Turner Field, making me wish I had more than just a long-sleeved T. Still, it would be above 50 degrees after the race started so no need for that.

At about 25 minutes my muscle over my left shin got tight. That lasted until 33 minutes. A few minutes later, my right foot felt numb, something that lasted until somewhere near the last mile.

As usual, I felt extremely good on the hills, able to pretty much accelerate at will.

The last mile, which was downhill, was pretty fast but I felt up to it.

Definitely a good race for downtown Atlanta and one I hope to do again.

Temp: 50 degrees
Time: 8 a.m.
Gear: LST (Downers Grove), shorts, AP/D1.

No comments: