Sunday, May 17, 2015

Day 3,061: 5 x 1K intervals (1/4-mile recovery)

I skipped doing intervals last weekend because we were enjoying the Georgia coast on Jekyll Island. So this week it was hard to get back in it.

Even when I started the first two intervals I wasn't sure I would finish them. But I got a second wind and things got easier. On the very last one, a cyclist passed and I was able to pace off of the bike that was pretty far ahead. Even so I was surprised with the result -- a pace that was the equivalent of a 6:46/mile.

In the end, I was glad that I did the workout! Intervals were (mile pace equivalent): (7:11/7:31/7:15/7:11/6:46).

These workouts are still needed since this spring I was busy being a click monkey and I'm about to have a busy summer/fall full of races:

Saturday, May 30: Kettle Krush 5K, Piedmont Park
Saturday, June 6: Summerfest 5K, Virginia-Highland
Saturday, June 20: Braves Country 5K, Turner Field
Saturday, July 4: Peachtree 10K!
Sunday, Aug. 23: Hotlanta Half Marathon
Monday, Sept. 7: Big Peach Sizzler 10K (haven't signed up yet)
Saturday, Sept. 26: Southeast Beltline 8K (haven't signed up yet)
Saturday, Oct. 3: 13.1 Atlanta

Time: 8:48 a.m.
Temp: 70 degrees (73 percent humidity)
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (Champion, gray), shorts, Saucony Type A6.

No comments: