Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day 2,671: A run on the beach

    It may be hard to see, but I am standing on the beach in a blue shirt with my arms up in the air for the pier cam.

LA JOLLA, Calif. -- Our last morning in San Diego I decided to run about a mile down the beach to get a web cam cache via the Scripps Oceanography Pier Cam.

Normally I usually can pull up these camera images on my smartphone but the site was not compatible with my phone so I had to do it the old-fashioned way -- I had to get to the spot and then call up the wife to capture the image on my laptop.

It had been a while since I'd run on the beach. Luckily with the tide going out (and not many people up at 6 a.m.) the sand near the water was pretty level and flat.

Unfortunately on the way back that was not the case as a bulldozer-like vehicle was tilling the sand behind it. It was a little bit of a challenge but not too bad.

It's usually better for me to run in the morning when I have the chance when I'm traveling. When we got back to Atlanta it was still daylight out but I'm glad I didn't have to worry about a run when I finally got home.

Time: 6:24 a.m.
Temp: 54 degrees
Gear: T-shirt, short (Surgeon General's 5K, 2009), shorts, Salomon Sense Mantra.


No comments: