Saturday, February 8, 2014

Day 2,596: The 9,000-mile run

There's just a single notation on my running log/day planner for Jan. 1, 2007. The 4.7 and 3/4 mile run predates this blog and at the time I never even would have thought that nearly 2,600 days later I would still be running and would cross 9,000 miles.

But now, with 9,002.81 miles under my belt, 10,000 miles for the streak doesn't seem so far away. And with it, my goals, to maybe run a 4th (or even a 5th marathon) this year.

Today's run was on one of my favorite routes, my mgrathon training route through Atlantic Station via Piedmont Park and Peachtree Street, also among my top places to run. I love 17th Street because it is so flat and the relatively new development reminds me of places I've been in Europe.

The 6-mile run was categorized as "easy" on my training program so I just tried to enjoy it and not work too hard. I'm thankful to be doing more miles again and to have a structure, which is something I need for my workouts.

Time: 9:28 a.m.
Temp: 38 degrees
Gear:  Long-sleeved T-shirt (Jingle Bell Run '98), shorts, Nike windbreaker, Nike Air Pegasus+ 30/A.



No comments: