Friday, March 20, 2009

CTS 810: Around Emory

For a while now I've wanted to take my running around the Emory campus. But there have been many reasons why I just hadn't done it.

It's hard to say what motivates me to do a new, longer route. Many times I would just settle for a shorter one.

But I found myself on Lanier to North Highland to Johnson to Briarcliff and then to Clifton.

Here's where I remembered why I don't do this route. From Briarcliff to Clifton Way is a double beyond-category hill. It is so sick even running up it. Of course, it's the same way on Clifton from N. Decatur up to Clifton Way but gradual.

Once up it, it was pretty cool to coast all the way back down around Emory Healthcare. I turned back on North Decatur and made my way to Springdale, following my route from yesterday.

When I finished, I could feel I was pretty spent. But I feel this run, even though it's about half the distance of the ING half-marathon is enough to tell me that I can run the half now without worry about injury. I ran a half-marathon in Centralia, Wash. with the longest training run at the time being 4 miles.

I wasn't done. I also biked to work today. lol

Time: 11:15 a.m.
Temp: 58 degrees
Gear: SST ('04 Va-Hi Summerfest), shorts, AP/D2.

No comments: