Wednesday, December 10, 2008

CTS 710, The rain, a watch ordered

Coming off a cold, the last thing I wanted to do today was to run in the rain. Normally I wouldn't have minded it, as it reminded me of my Pacific Northwest days and the weather -- 62 degrees -- was the warmest it's been recently.

I trudged outside. My left knee felt a little funny, but I was able to accelerate on it ok without pain and I felt sluggish but it was enough for a short run.

Time: 12:30 p.m.
Temp: 62 degrees
Gear: Windbreaker, SST (Bridge-to-Bridge), shorts, hat, AP/D1.

Today, after e-mailing with Poker Peaker, who has a Garmin Forerunner 201 watch, I decided to get a GPS watch.

I ended up ordering the Garmin Forerunner 205, which is what my boss has.

My main "excuse" is that prior to The Weather Channel Atlanta Half Marathon, I would be able to guessimate pretty accurately my pace in training and would have no problem running faster in races.

But now I am wondering if my training pace is falling off too drastically and I need something to tell me how my training is in relation to pace. Keep in mind I really do not care too much about my training pace, as long as I am outside and am enjoying the run.

Free shipping was my other "excuse." Happy Holidays!

No comments: